Why did Quora choose Python for its development?

John Bokma john at castleamber.com
Tue May 24 12:52:39 EDT 2011

"D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <darcy at druid.net> writes:

> On Tue, 24 May 2011 00:17:55 -0500
> John Bokma <john at castleamber.com> wrote:
>> > $d = @a;
>>
>> That will give you the number of elements in @a. What you (probably)
>> mean is %hash = @array;
>
> If I was even considering using Perl, this one exchange would send me
> screaming in the opposite direction.

To me as silly as all those people who give Python a wide berth because
of significant whitespace. I am glad that I am not so limited in that
respect. To me programming languages are like writing systems used by
humans; each has its short comings and each has its beauty.

--
John Bokma                                                               j3b

Blog: http://johnbokma.com/        Perl Consultancy: http://castleamber.com/
Perl for books:    http://johnbokma.com/perl/help-in-exchange-for-books.html