Kind of OT - Books on software development?

Verde Denim tdldev at gmail.com
Wed May 25 12:19:12 EDT 2011

Hey everyone,
I am looking at some projects coming up, which may or may not involve
python. So I figured I would throw the question out there and see what
everyone thinks.
I am looking for some books on software engineering/development...
something that discusses techniques from ideation, up through testing,
QA, production, and then maintenance. Is there such a book?
-Matthew

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 11:45 AM, Ed Keith <e_d_k at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I do not have my library with me, but I remember a book that fits the bill
> exactly, is was from Microsoft Press, I think it was called "Writing Solid
> Code"

Matt -

Roger Pressman - Software Engineering, A Practicioner's Approach is a good
one.
Donald E. Knuth. - The Art of Computer Programming (5 Volumes) -
http://www-cs-faculty.stanford.edu/~uno/taocp.html
Horowitz - Fundamentals of Computer Algorithms
Dowd, Macdonald, Shuh - The Art of Software Security Assessments

Good Basic Reference Library for engineering, designing, writing, and
SECURING code. I've got lots more titles on various aspects of engineering
and OOA/OOD construction, design methods, etc., but these are (imo) a good
foundation.

Regards

Jack