Why did Quora choose Python for its development?

John Bokma john at castleamber.com
Wed May 25 15:14:15 EDT 2011

Ethan Furman <ethan at stoneleaf.us> writes:

> Terry Reedy wrote:
>> On 5/25/2011 8:01 AM, John Bokma wrote:
>>
>>> to. Like I already stated before: if Python is really so much better
>>> than Python readability wise, why do I have such a hard time dropping
>>> Perl and moving on?
>>
>> [you meant 'than Perl'] You are one of the people whose brain fits
>> Perl (or vice versa) better than most. So enjoy it. Ignore anyone
>> who says otherwise.
>
> +1
>
> If everybody's brain worked the same, we wouldn't have so many
> different languages to choose from.

So, this means that in general language readability is not as clear cut
as some seem to advertise ;-).

--
John Bokma                                                               j3b

Blog: http://johnbokma.com/        Perl Consultancy: http://castleamber.com/
Perl for books:    http://johnbokma.com/perl/help-in-exchange-for-books.html