Why did Quora choose Python for its development?

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Wed May 25 19:01:32 EDT 2011

On Wed, 25 May 2011 07:01:07 -0500, John Bokma wrote:

> if Python is really so much better than Python [Perl]
> readability wise, why do I have such a hard time dropping
> Perl and moving on?

My guess is that you have an adversarial view of computer languages,
therefore after investing so much time and energy and, most importantly,
self-image into becoming a Perl programmer, dropping it and moving on
would be tantamount to admitting to yourself that you were "wrong" to
have wasted so many years on the wrong language.

Whether it is objectively "wrong" or not rarely enters into these things.

That *you personally* can't or won't let go of Perl says nothing about
the relative readability of Perl and Python code.

--
Steven