Beginner needs advice

Uncle Ben bgreen at nycap.rr.com
Sat May 28 14:57:10 EDT 2011

On May 27, 5:33 pm, Ethan Furman <et... at stoneleaf.us> wrote:
> Lew Schwartz wrote:
> > So, if I read between the lines correctly, you recommend Python 3? Does
> > the windows version install with a development environment?
>
> Dabo, last I checked, uses wxPython, which uses wxWidgets (sp?), which
> is not yet ported to Python 3.  So if you got that route you'll need to
> stay with 2.7.
>
> ~Ethan~

Just this past Tuesday, I blindly downloaded 3.1 and found that at the
level I am workloing, all it took to get my 2.7 code to run was to put
parens around the print arguments and double the slashes in integer
division. I didn't even use the 2to3 automation.

But I am a noob to Python, which is my tenth computer language.  Maybe
when I get more ambitious I will find more serious differences.