English Idiom in Unix: Directory Recursively

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Sat May 28 20:49:01 EDT 2011

On Sun, 29 May 2011 05:58:01 +1000, Chris Angelico wrote:

> Geeks tend to have larger vocabularies than non-geeks, on average;
> probably akin to our love of word games and precision (two distinct
> notions that bridge surprisingly often).

And also because more educated people in general tend to have larger
vocabularies than less educated people: both for the number of words they
actually use, and those they can interpret in context.

Geeks sometimes tend to forget that they're not the only smart, educated
people who use "hard" (big, technical, complicated) words.

--
Steven