The worth of comments

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sat May 28 21:41:44 EDT 2011

Gregory Ewing <greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz> writes:

> If the contract comment doesn't match what code does, then there are
> two possibilities -- the comment is wrong, or the code is wrong. The
> appropriate response is to find out which one is wrong and fix it.

You omit the common third possibility: *both* the comment and the code
are wrong.

That's the one that I bet on whenever I notice code and comment don't
match.

--
 \     “Anyone can do any amount of work provided it isn't the work he |
  `\          is supposed to be doing at the moment.” —Robert Benchley |