English Idiom in Unix: Directory Recursively

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun May 29 17:27:59 EDT 2011

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 6:58 AM, rantingrick <rantingrick at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes "Gas Pedal"... that clears up all the confusion </sarcasm>.
> However i would have thought if the vehicle had a "decelerator petal"
> it would at least sport a complimentary "accelerator petal". You know
> the whole "equal and opposite thing"?

Call the go-faster pedal the "Newton's Second Law pedal", and the
oops-here-comes-an-obstacle pedal the "Newton's Third Law pedal",
because if you hit that thing, you'll see the third law in action. We
then need a demonstration of Newton's First Law, which I think is the
ignition key. We should turn it into a pedal to be consistent.

For the humour-blind: </jesting>

Chris Angelico