python in school notebooks/laptops

harrismh777 harrismh777 at charter.net
Mon May 30 20:57:21 EDT 2011

Chris Angelico wrote:
>>          Is it a waste of time to try to get school admins to put python in
>> >  their school laptops?

    No, absolutely no...  Python advocacy is necessary in this venue !

> Possibly the best way to encourage Python deployment would be to
> require it to run some internal script.

    Chris has a great idea here... but I think more along the lines of
an app that benefits school admins in terms of networking registration,
accountability, or messaging. In other words, if I understand Chris
correctly, make the script / app  necessarily useful to the admins you
are trying to advocate to, so that the students reap the benefits of
having the interpretor installed and ready...?!?

    Great idea...

kind regards,
m harris