Beginner needs advice

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon May 30 22:27:33 EDT 2011

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 11:16 AM, Ian Kelly <ian.g.kelly at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 6:43 PM, harrismh777 <harrismh777 at charter.net> wrote:
>>>  If you disagree, then I invite you to list one example of two
>>> different things that are compatible.
>>
>>   one man, and one woman....
>
> Now you're equivocating.  The discussion has been about whether Python
> 2 and Python 3 are compatible in the "interchangeable" sense, not in
> the "capable of functioning together" sense.

Indeed. If a man has a scripting language, and a woman has a scripting
language, the two would differ because there are things each can do
that the other cannot. But there's a lot of things that both can do,
so the two languages would be highly similar in purpose and
functionality.

Hmm. If you did write those two scripting languages, we would finally
be able to type "man woman" to get docs on how to talk to women...

Chris Angelico