proving two formula are same each other!

Dave Angel d at davea.name
Tue Nov 1 09:01:18 EDT 2011

(You forgot to do a REPLY-ALL, so that your message didn't get sent to
the list)

>>>   Python doesn't have formulae, it has functions and methods.  So you have
>> to describe more completely
>
> what kind of formula you have, math, physics, chemistry?
>
> the formula is related to math.
>

>>   And how is one different than the next?
>

> these formula are completely different each other  and it is custom
> formula.
> for example, when I put 3 input into A formula, it outputs 1 result.
> and when I put 3 input into B formula, it outputs 1 result
> so each formula have 3 input for example
>
> A formula : f(x,y,z)=3x+4y+2z+3
> B formula : f(k,j,t)=2k+3j+2t+1
>
> this formula is different each other which has 3 input.
> and have only 1 result
>
> and if I loop this formula from 0 to N(for example : N = 3)
> if N=1, the result will be different each other. and N=2 too.
> but when N=3, the result will be same each other.

Since N isn't a parameter to either function, the results can never change.

> so I wanted to prove this. by drawing shape or something so that children
> can be understand easily.

I'm still trying to help you clarify your problem, but you are getting
much closer.  Those two formulae take three arguments (although you
should use the same name for the arguments if the comparison is to mean
anything).  N doesn't come into it at all.

Perhaps by N you mean tuples like  (2,1,1) and (4,2,1), and you want to
know for which tuples the result will be the same.

That could be represented by some 4 dimensional graph, but I don't know
any graphing package that could show it, in python or otherwise.

--

DaveA