SystemError when defining

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Nov 5 03:50:42 EDT 2011

On 11/4/2011 9:53 PM, Joshua Landau wrote:
>     Joshua found bugs.python.org <http://bugs.python.org>and, 2 hours
>     later, a fix was applied.
>     http://bugs.python.org/__issue13343 <http://bugs.python.org/issue13343>
>

> It was impressively fast. Those python devs are like a hawk.
> Although I wasn't expecting a three-line patch (plus a three line test).

We are not always so fast, but the public perception of our speed is
skewed by a) the occasional bug that sits on the tracker for years and
b) the near invisibility of bugs caught and quickly fixed by a developer
without posting an issue on the tracker.

In this case, you made a very good report with a minimal reproducible
buggy code snippet, plus a report of similar snippets that worked. Then
it was quickly seen by someone familiar with the relevant file.

--
Terry Jan Reedy