RSS feed creation?

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Mon Nov 7 02:22:37 EST 2011

Dan Stromberg, 06.11.2011 21:00:
> Is there an opensource Python tool for creating RSS feeds, that doesn't
> require large dependencies?
>
> I found feedformatter.py on pypi, but it seems a little old, and its sole
> automated test gives a traceback.
>
> Is there a better starting point?
>
> (I'd of course prefer something that'll run on 3.x and 2.x, but will settle
> for either)

I'd just go with ElementTree and builder.py.

http://effbot.org/zone/element-builder.htm

http://effbot.python-hosting.com/file/stuff/sandbox/elementlib/builder.py

Building an RSS-API on top of that is so trivial that it's not worth any
further dependencies anyway. Not sure if this version of builder.py runs in
Py3, but it certainly won't be hard to fix even if it doesn't currently.

Stefan