my new project, is this the right way?

Tracubik affdfsdfdsfsd at b.com
Mon Nov 14 05:41:52 EST 2011

Hi all,
i'm developing a new program.
Mission: learn a bit of database management
Idea: create a simple, 1 window program that show me a db of movies i've
seen with few (<10) fields (actors, name, year etc)
technologies i'll use: python + gtk
db: that's the question

since i'm mostly a new-bye for as regard databases, my idea is to use
sqlite at the beginning.

Is that ok? any other db to start with? (pls don't say mysql or similar,
they are too complex and i'll use this in a second step)

is there any general tutorial of how to start developing a database? i
mean a general guide to databases you can suggest to me?
Thank you all

MedeoTL

P.s. since i have a ods sheet files (libreoffice calc), is there a way to
easily convert it in a sqlite db? (maybe via csv)