Uninstalling Py 2.5.2 from Windows 7 (Invalid on Win 32 app)

W. eWatson wolftracks at invalid.com
Mon Nov 14 13:08:17 EST 2011

On 11/14/2011 10:00 AM, John Gordon wrote:
> In<j9rja5$qcp$1 at dont-email.me>  "W. eWatson"<wolftracks at invalid.com>  writes:
>
>> I would think the install would make the association of py to Python,
>> either IDLE or the interpreter.
>
> I would hope so too, however you did mention that you moved the python
> executable to a different directory and installed a newer version, so
> verifying that the .py file association points to the correct application
> might be worthwhile.

Note though I had uninstalled Python. The folder remained, so I renamed
it, then installed. I see no way that under that arrangement that py
would be associated with the renamed contents. The renamed folder has no
exe file for the interpreter. There is, of course, a new Python25 that
shows python.exe and pythonw.exe. python.exe will bring up a command
window.