unit-profiling, similar to unit-testing

Ulrich Eckhardt ulrich.eckhardt at dominolaser.com
Wed Nov 16 04:08:24 EST 2011

Hi!

I'm currently trying to establish a few tests here that evaluate certain
performance characteristics of our systems. As part of this, I found
that these tests are rather similar to unit-tests, only that they are
much more fuzzy and obviously dependent on the systems involved, CPU
load, network load, day of the week (Tuesday is virus scan day) etc.

What I'd just like to ask is how you do such things. Are there tools
available that help? I was considering using the unit testing framework,
but the problem with that is that the results are too hard to interpret
programmatically and too easy to misinterpret manually. Any suggestions?

Cheers!

Uli