Both Python 2.5.2 and 2.7.2 flop the same way under Win 7

W. eWatson wolftracks at invalid.com
Thu Nov 17 11:55:36 EST 2011

Months ago 2.5.2 stopped functioning on my Win7 PC, so a few days ago I
uninstalled and installed. Same problem. If one right-clicks on a py
file, IDLE is not shown in the menu as Edit with IDLE. After playing
with matters I gave up, and uninstalled 2.5.2 and turned to 2.7.2. Same
results.

If I look at a 2.4 install on my laptop, I get the desired reference to
Edit with IDLE.

My guess is that Win 7 is behind this. If so, it's good-bye Python.

Comments?