Passing DLL handle as an argument (in Windows)

Pekka Kytölä peksikytola at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 02:51:12 EST 2011

Is it possible to pass my own dll's (already loaded) handle as an
argument to load/attach to the very same instance of dll? Thing is
that I've done plugin (dll) to a host app and the SDK's function
pointers are assigned once the dll is loaded in the host process. I'd
like to fire up python code with ShellExecuteEx from my plugin dll and
expose (wrap) these SDK funcs to that script. If I just load the dll
in python it will be different instance and the SDK function pointers
are all NULL. I tried passing the dll handle as lpParameter but in
vain.

Is this ShellExecute + dll handle passing even possible or do I need
to take a totally different route? What route that would be? Doesn't
have to be portable, just so it works in Windows environment.