Why sock.bind is always report 10048 error when in a script with multiprocessing

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 11:04:11 EST 2011

On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 2:51 AM, Junfeng Hu <hujunfeng at gmail.com> wrote:
> And actually ,the socket hadn't been used in this script.

Doesn't matter that you haven't used it; you're binding to the port,
that's what causes the 10048.

I think the main problem is that you're trying to share sockets across
processes, but I haven't used the Python multiprocessing module with
sockets before. I would recommend, if you can, creating separate
sockets in each subprocess; that might make things a bit easier.

ChrisA