What replaces log4py under Python 3.2?

Rob Richardson RDRichardson at rad-con.com
Wed Nov 23 09:07:34 EST 2011

Thank you for that link.

Our customers are used to the rotating log file capability of the log4py package.  I did not see anything in that link that talks about rotating log files (changing file name when the date changes, and saving a limited number of old log files).  Is that possible using the stdlib logging package?  Is there something else available that will do that, so we don't have to roll our own (or, more likely, stick to Python 2.7, for which log4py works)?

Thanks again!

RobR

On 22-11-11 19:32, Rob Richardson wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> My company has been using the log4py library for a long time.  A co-worker recently installed Python 3.2, and log4py will no longer compile.  (OK, I know that's the wrong word, but you know what I mean.)  What logging package should be used now?

The logging module from Python's stdlib?
http://docs.python.org/py3k/library/logging.html

Irmen