What I do and do not know about installing Python on Win 7 with regard to IDLE.

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 03:04:11 EST 2011

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 3:49 PM, Dennis Lee Bieber
<wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> On 25 Nov 2011 00:04:04 GMT, Steven D'Aprano
> <steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info> declaimed the following in
> gmane.comp.python.general:
>

>> My Linux system includes compilers or interpreters for C, Pascal,
>> Haskell, Forth, Python, Ruby, PHP, Javascript, Java, bash, csh, zsh, sh,
>> awk, sed, Perl, SQL, Tcl, Tk, OpenXion, and very likely others. Most of
>
>        What? No REXX? <G>
>
>        {Granted, other than IBM's mainframes, the only decent REXX
> implementation [heck, maybe even better] was the Amiga version -- it was
> integrated well into the Amiga message passing IPC system, such that
> pretty much any application with an ARexx port could connect to and
> control any other application with an ARexx port}

IBM's non-mainframes too - their OS/2 implementation was - and still
is - awesome. I use REXX for a variety of odds and ends, everything
from simple scripts up to full-on GUI applications. Yes, we still use
OS/2 (as well as Windows and Linux - mixed LANs are fun).

ChrisA