Chaos Theory [was Re: Benefit and belief]

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 12:27:41 EDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 2:54 AM, rantingrick <rantingrick at gmail.com> wrote:
> Observer: Why is it that Clark Kent and Superman are never in the same
> place at the same time?
> ComicFanboy: Because Clark Kent IS Kal-El's secret identity duh!
> PuesdoWiseObserver: Wait a minute fanboy, they ARE in the same place
> at the same time since Clark Kent IS really Superman. Ha, i'm smart.
> TrueWiseObserver: Wrong pseudo. Superman will ALWAYS be superman even
> if he wears a dress and stilettos. Clark Kent is just an assumed
> identity of Superman.

ComicBookGeek: Actually, they have been seen together, on several
occasions - thanks to stand-ins, dummies, or even super-speed and
changing faster than the human eye can see.
PhysicsExpert: Super-speed wouldn't work, the acceleration required to
achieve it would burn up his surroundings!

Your point?

Chris Angelico
PS. I did the arithmetic once on how much force Superman would have to
exert on his surroundings in order to be seen in two places at once.
It was like those calculations on Santa and the number of joules of
energy the lead reindeer would be copping.