"IX" as shorthand for "Interface"

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.net
Sun Oct 9 11:51:05 EDT 2011

On Sat, 8 Oct 2011 22:21:02 -0600
Eric Snow <ericsnowcurrently at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm writing a bunch of classes that have "Interface" in the name and
> find that the length of the subsequent names is starting to get in the
> way of readability (I don't really care about saving keystrokes).  Is
> "IX" conventional enough to use in place of "Interface" in a class
> name?  Thanks!

Here's a suggestion based on my complete ignorance of you application
so take it for what it is worth.  If keystrokes don't matter to you
consider this.

class INTERFACE:
    pass

class Something(INTERFACE):

It isn't in the name but the definition is clearly an
"INTERFACE" (whatever that is) and you also have the option of
gathering things in common to INTERFACEs in the superclass.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves