Benefit and belief

Albert van der Horst albert at spenarnc.xs4all.nl
Sun Oct 9 12:01:30 EDT 2011

In article <c04d134f-5f90-4fe8-b3e6-b08c6a1237ba at d18g2000yql.googlegroups.com>,
DevPlayer  <devplayer at gmail.com> wrote:
>I still assert that contradiction is caused by narrow perspective.
>
>By that I mean: just because an objects scope may not see a certain
>condition, doesn't mean that condition is non-existant.
>
>I also propose that just because something seems to contradict doesn't
>mean it is false. Take for instance:
>
>Look out your window. Is it daylight or night time? You may say it is
>daylight or you may say it is night time. I would disagree that only
>one of those conditions are true. Both conditions are true. Always. It
>is only day (or night) for YOU. But the opposite DOES in fact exist on
>the other side of the world at the same time.

This is a far cry from the bible stating that someone is his
own grand father. Or going to great length to prove that Jezus
(through Jozef) is a descendant of David. Then declaring it
a dogma that Jozef has nothing to do with it. (It being ...
well ... you know ...)

(I have this book, it is called "the amusing bible" with all
flippant and contradictory stuff pointed out by a French
1930 communist. Cartoons too. )

Groetjes Albert

albert at spe&ar&c.xs4all.nl &=n http://home.hccnet.nl/a.w.m.van.der.horst