Python library for generating SQL queries [selects, alters, inserts and commits]

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue Oct 11 17:20:09 EDT 2011

Alec Taylor <alec.taylor6 at gmail.com> writes:

> I'm looking for a Python library for generating SQL queries [selects,
> alters, inserts and commits].

SQLAlchemy <URL:http://www.sqlalchemy.org/> is the leader in this field.
It allows your code to interact with the database at different levels:
you can write raw SQL, you can construct queries using a query builder,
you can use an entirely-optional ORM; and they're all compatible.

Yes, <URL:http://www.sqlalchemy.org/docs/dialects/oracle.html>.

--
 \     “[W]e are still the first generation of users, and for all that |
  `\      we may have invented the net, we still don't really get it.” |