Code Review: a framework for writing IRC applications or bots

Prasad, Ramit ramit.prasad at jpmorgan.com
Wed Oct 12 13:53:51 EDT 2011

> It was important to me that I include a number of features: such as automatic on-the-fly reloading,

If you are referring to reloading python modules (and not configuration files), I can tell you that this is a difficult feature to implement, much less do it correctly. I have experienced troubles with this in Python2 (not sure about Python3).

For example:
If you have two modules A and B, where B imports A. Reloading A works fine for new instances of A, but this will not automatically reload the version of A already imported by B.

Note: This has been my experience with apps that try to do this, not from firsthand experience in development. Your mileage (kilometerage?) may vary.

Ramit

712 Main Street | Houston, TX 77002
work phone: 713 - 216 - 5423