Embedding a "frame" into a movie using python

J 1jason.whatford at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 04:51:36 EDT 2011

>> My objective is to have the user put together some images html and embed the image as a frame into a video file (any embeddable format e.g. swf).

>SWF isn't the easiest format to work with; it's not necessarily a
video, but might be a scripted object. Try working with real video
formats such as avi, mpg, or ogv.

>You may wish to look into PiTiVi, an open source video editor; it's
written in Python. I'm not sure if you can achieve what you want by
simply driving PiTiVi externally, but at very least, it's worth a
peek.

>ChrisA

Hi Chris,

thank you for your response. I am format agnostic for processing so am happy to work with avi etc., however in displaying the final film to the user I think I'd need to convert whatever I've made to swf to make it a little less downloadable. I'll check out PiTiVi - perhaps I can hack it to work on the back of appengine...

Cheers,