1/2 evaluates to 0

Laurent Claessens moky.math at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 12:31:39 EDT 2011

> You should get in touch with the Sage developers. In the Sage FAQ they
> say that "until SciPy is ported to run with Python 3.x and Cython
> supports Python 3.x, Sage will continue to use Python 2.x."
``scipy.weave``."

> So according to the Sage FAQ there is no reason why Sage shouldn't
> support Python 3.

Maybe the FAQ is not up to date. Nowadays the reason for not stepping to
3.x is "manpower" ;)
(this question comes back two or three times a year on the Sages' list.
Next time the question arises, I'll point out your remark)

Scipy and Cython are just two of the biggest python parts in Sage, but
there are many others ... 'till sage itself.

Have a good afternoon
Laurent