shutil _isindir

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Sat Oct 22 05:03:10 EDT 2011

On Fri, 21 Oct 2011 22:13:06 -0500, David Hoese wrote:

> So I guess what I'm asking is what are the reasons that _destinsrc uses
> abspath instead of realpath?  And is there a better place to ask this?

Probably because abspath goes back to Python 1.5, while realpath is
comparatively recent only going back to 2.2, and nobody has thought to
change the code in shutil.

I recommend you raise a bug/feature request on the bug tracker,
preferably with a fix and a test demonstrating the problem.

http://bugs.python.org/

--
Steven