Exception Handling (C - extending python)

Ulrich Eckhardt ulrich.eckhardt at dominolaser.com
Tue Oct 25 02:49:59 EDT 2011

Am 23.10.2011 14:41, schrieb Stefan Behnel:
> That's just fine. If you are interested in the inner mechanics of the
> CPython runtime, reading the source is a very good way to start getting
> involved with the project.
>
> However, many extension module authors don't care about these inner
> mechanics and just use Cython instead. That keeps them from having to
> learn the C-API of CPython, and from tying their code too deeply into
> the CPython runtime itself.

Could you elaborate a bit? What are the pros and cons of writing an
extension module using the Cython API compared to using the CPyothon
API? In particular, how portable is it? Can I compile a module in one
and use it in the other? Don't I just tie myself to a different API, but
tie myself nonetheless?

Thank you!

Uli