Python developers interested in local communities, GroupServer

Steven Clift slc at publicus.net
Tue Oct 25 17:18:07 EDT 2011

My non-profit uses the GPL Python-based http://GroupServer.org
platform to host local neighborhood online communities in the U.S.,
the UK, and New Zealand. We are users of GroupServer and not the owner
of the project.

We are plotting a future new features hackathon (in person in
Minneapolis and perhaps simultaneously elsewhere) and are looking for
python programmers with a particular interest in connecting people in
local places.

If you are interested in learning more, please contact us at
team at e-democracy.org or http://e-democracy.org/contact

Or join the GroupServer development group -
http://groupserver.org/groups/development - where we will definitely
making an announcement. We will also announce it here on the Local
Labs online group: http://e-democracy.org/labs

Thanks,
Steven Clift
E-Democracy.org

P.S. GroupServer is probably the best open source hybrid e-mail
list/web forum out there. Not the best e-mail list. And not the best
web forum. But the best fully integrated approach. Example use with
some customizations: http://e-democracy.org