logging: warn() methods and function to be deprecated.

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 26 05:12:58 EDT 2011

Mike C. Fletcher <mcfletch <at> vrplumber.com> writes:

> I actually consider .warning() a nit :) .  After all, it's 3 extra
> characters :) , and *who* actually reads documentation instead of just
> poking around and finding the shortest-named method in the instance?

Readability counts :-) Are you saying there's no need to bother documenting
stuff ??? ;-)

> Anyway, I personally don't see this as worth the breakage.

What breakage are we really talking about? Remember, Python 2.x will not change
in this area - the proposed change is for Python 3.3 and later only, and will
not be backported :-)

As far as I know, Trac doesn't work with Python 3 anyway. Most of the code out
there (which Mark found via Google Code Search) is Python 2.x. When porting from
2 to 3.3, it's just one extra little thing to deal with - small compared with
other issues which come up when doing such ports.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip