Constructors...BIIIIG PROBLEM!

Michiel Overtoom motoom at xs4all.nl
Thu Sep 1 04:00:27 EDT 2011

On Sep 1, 2011, at 09:48, Amogh M S wrote:

> Hey guys...
> I think we have a problem with my _init_ method and the constructor
> When I create a class and its _init_ method and try to create an object of it outside the class,
> Say, something like
>
> class S:
>    def _init_(self, name=None):
>        self.name = name
> s = S("MyName")

Two things: Derive your class from object, and the constructor function should be '__init__', that is, with *two* underscores before and after it. Are you reading a book or tutorial which does use a badly chosen font which doesn't distinguish two consecutive underscores well?

class S(object):
    def __init__(self, name=None):
        self.name = name

s = S("MyName")
print s.name

Greetings,

--
"If you don't know, the thing to do is not to get scared, but to learn." - Ayn Rand