Detecting Ctrl-Alt-Del in Windows

Den patentsvnc at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 12:19:35 EDT 2011

On Sep 2, 5:27 am, sjm <sjms... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 1, 12:52 pm, Den <patents... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Obviously, this is a windows-based question.  I know that Ctrl-Alt-Del
> > is handled deep inside the OS, and I'm not trying to interrupt that.
> > But is there some way to detect that a C-A-D has been pressed?
>
> If you manage to write a program that can detect CTRL-ALT-DEL, please
> report it as a bug in Windows!  CTRL-ALT-DEL is Windows' "secure
> attention sequence" which must only be handled by the OS.
>
> -- Steve

I have already done that, in AutoHotKey ... or at least it used to
work.  AHK can detect when a window opened.  And when CAD was pressed
the ... well, I've forgotten what it was called ... but a window
opened asking if you wanted to open the task manager, or quit or log
off or what.  Then you would know that CAD was pressed.  There was
nothing you could do to stop it, but you could at least detect that it
had been pressed.

That's why I was wondering if there was a similar technique which
could be used in Python.

Den