framework suggestions for Ben

Vineet Deodhar d_vineet at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 3 13:23:17 EDT 2011

>Folks,
>I need some advice on a python web & database framework to use...?
>I have handcrafted a sqllite3 python script, that is a basic web application, interfacing with a >sqlite3 database...

It depends on whether you want to develop desktop apps or browser-based apps.
I will suggest 2 frameworks with their urls.
I will not enumerate the features here, because their websites contain loads of advocacy about them.

=========
For desktop apps, my STRONG advise to you is DABO.
http://dabodev.com/
It is developed by the experts in data-centric business apps.
It contains the features which I haven't seen in any other framework except MS VFP & cursor adapter (if at all you are familiar with them).
========
For browser based apps, I found web2py very simple yet powerful.
http://web2py.com/

It requires no installation (not even python).
Everything works out of the box.
No dependencies.
=========

Hope this helps.