Need advice on Web / Database framework...

Paul Kölle paul at subsignal.org
Sat Sep 3 14:59:27 EDT 2011

Hi,

Am 03.09.2011 16:11, schrieb Benjamin Schollnick:
> Folks,
>
> I need some advice on a python web&  database framework to use...?
Hardest question ever ;)

> I have handcrafted a sqllite3 python script, that is a basic web
> application, interfacing with a sqlite3 database...
>
> But I am concerned at the thought of handcrafting a administration
> interface, and so forth.
If you are not familiar with the various pitfalls of web security I'd
recomment a framework which has all the layers already integrated. Take
a look at http://www.web2py.com, I think it's quite powerful and has
good documentation.
If you want to get your hands dirty you can compose your own "framework"
cherrypy+sqlalchemy+cheetah might be a good combination.

hth
  Paul