Hello, and request for help with 'dynamic grids'

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 10:40:15 EDT 2011

On Sep 5, 3:18 pm, Simon Cropper <simoncrop... at fossworkflowguides.com>
wrote:
> My investigations have generally found that windows/forms/data entry
> screen can be created for a specific table or view, but these are
> hard-wired during development. Is there anyway of rapidly defining the
> grid during runtime so any table can be viewed?

The commercial product Resolver One provides a grid/spreadsheet style
interface with Python scripting capabilities. I'm not sure of its
current licensing status but I believe it used to be free if used on
open source projects.

http://www.resolversystems.com/products/resolver-one/

Each spreadsheet itself is Python code; I think it should be quite do-
able to take something with introspective SQL capabilities like
SQLAlchemy and have it title columns and fill them with the correct
fields accordingly.

Hope this helps.