Looking for open-source Python projects to help out with

Alec Taylor alec.taylor6 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 03:39:51 EDT 2011

Hi Tyler,

I'm currently working on building a new kind of social-network for
Users-Groups, Game-Clans & Student-Groups.

Building it using DJango with Pinax.

Detailed Feature-Set (planned):
• Event management
• Conference management (including ticketing with payment-gateway integration)
• Video+Audio Conferencing of event, with online interaction
possibilitiy (great for webinars)
• Join/create/delete/list groups
• Sitewide calendar
• Sitewide feed from non-private groups
• SSO integration (facebook, twitter & linkedin)
• Wall (+feed) for each group
• Listing of who's in which group
• PM group members

I will probably be releasing it under the New BSD license, although
I'm happy to consider others given a good argument.

Interested?