killing a script

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 21:37:53 EDT 2011

On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 11:25 AM, Steven D'Aprano
>>   This is implemented by calling the Standard C function system(), and
>>   has the same limitations.
>>
>> and sure enough, "man 3 system" says:
>
> I don't consider having to look up documentation for a function in a
> completely different language (in this case, C) as "documented behaviour of
> os.system".

The Python docs chain to the C docs. It'd be nice to have a link
somewhere, but that's platform-dependent - the online docs could link
to an online man page, but local docs can't, etc. It's fairly normal
for high level languages to expose a lot of C API functions, with all
the concerns and features given. Not a lot of point bloating the
Python docs with every little detail, imho.

ChrisA