using python in web applications

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 02:56:30 EDT 2011

On Sep 10, 1:54 pm, "Littlefield, Tyler" <ty... at tysdomain.com> wrote:
> I'm not feeling particularly masochistic, so I do not want to develop
> this project in PHP; essentially I'm looking to build a web-based MMO.

Google have been promoting the use of appengine along with HTML5 & JS
to produce games. One advantage of using GAE to host the server is it
takes care of the scaling for you.

I found these presentations fascinating:
http://cc-2011-html5-games.appspot.com/#1
http://io-2011-html5-games-hr.appspot.com/#1

This article covers the process in a little more depth:
http://clouddbs.blogspot.com/2011/02/how-to-write-html5-game-in-30-days-with.html

Google are also aggregating platform-specific info here:
http://code.google.com/games

Hope this helps (and let us know when you have something to show off!)