Dynamically Cause A Function To Return

Jordan Evans mindwalkernine at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 19:13:06 EDT 2011

I want dynamically place the 'return' statement in a function via user input
or achieve the same through some other means.  If some other means, the user
must be able initiate this at runtime during a raw_input().  This is what I
have so far, this would be an awesome command line debugging tool if I can
get it to work.

def b(label="", *args):
    """Used to create breaks for debugging.  Will break the function or
continue the function it is place within based on user input.  Has as a
input loop for querying variables and executing code before a break or a
continue."""
    print label+":",
    for arg in args:
        print str(arg),