Why is the shutil module called shutil?

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 16:30:41 EDT 2011

On Sep 24, 11:56 pm, Matt Joiner <anacro... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Please continue

Well specifically we should have a look over the Ruby API's of "File",
"Dir", and "IO". I don't believe we should copy them verbatim --as the
Ruby API is not Pythonic-- however, it may be a good starting point
for something that has been decades overdue within this community.

There was the rejected Path object from PEP 355:
    http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0355/

But it seems the "Anointed One" tossed the idea due to it's
"versatility" and it being a subclass of string... is he joking? o_O

First of all, what the hell is wrong with versatility Mr Van Rossum?
Where else would you put these methods? True it may be a large
collection, however, can YOU offer any suggestions as to where else we
would put them or are YOU just going to latch on to your prejudices of
path objects like your irrational fears of functional programming? Do
you remember the map and lambda fiasco?

We need you to get on board and push something through. When you hide
your head in the sand and imagine everything is "peachy cream" you
expose your backside for a swift kicking.