Installing Python 2.6.7 on Windows

Brian Curtin brian.curtin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 17:17:45 EDT 2011

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 15:54, Wanderer <wanderer at dialup4less.com> wrote:
> How do I install Python 2.6.7 on Windows? The Python 2.6.6 page says
>
> "Python 2.6.6 has been replaced by a newer security-fix only source
> release of Python. Please download Python 2.6.7 instead."
>
> But there is no windows installer on the 2.6.7 page. Do I install
> 2.6.6 first and then update to 2.6.7?

As the text states, 2.6.7 is only a source code release. 2.6.6 is the
last binary package available, but if you need what's in 2.6.7, you
will have to compile the source yourself.

Alternatively, you could upgrade to 2.7 as 2.6 will continue to only
receive security fixes, or as Arnaud states, you could use an
alternative distribution to get 2.6.6.