Question on Manipulating List and on Python

John Gordon gordon at panix.com
Thu Sep 29 12:27:49 EDT 2011

In <a6679459-fc57-4389-8d43-1e5ed960d85d at y18g2000yqy.googlegroups.com> Subhabrata Banerjee <subhagurgaon2011 at gmail.com> writes:

> (i) I have a file of lists. Now, the first digit starts with a number
> or index, like,

> [001, "Obama", "USA", "President"]
> [002  "Major", "UK", "PM"]
> [003  "Singh", "INDIA", "PM"]

> Initially, I am reading the file and taking as
> for line in file:
>     line_word=line.split
>     print line_word

This isn't your actual code.  Please show us your real code, along with
a sample of your input file.

> (ii) My second question is posted by one of my colleagues, what makes
> Python so fast?

Fast compared to what?  Why does your colleague believe it should be
slower?

--
John Gordon                   A is for Amy, who fell down the stairs
gordon at panix.com              B is for Basil, assaulted by bears