[OT] Off-Topic Posts and Threads on the Python Mailing List

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 17:40:13 EDT 2011

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 7:33 AM, Westley Martínez <anikom15 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On this mailing list, we're programmers,
> nothing else, and so we shouldn't mingle other things into the list.
> Think of it as using global variables or even a goto.  That's
> essentially what OT is.

Not a bad analogy, that... but I accept it in perhaps not the same way
as you intended it.

I don't mind using a global variable once in a while. I don't object
to a well-placed goto, especially when it's clear and obvious what
it's doing. And the occasional off-topic post or thread on a mailing
list isn't the end of the world either.

ChrisA