[OT] Benefit and belief

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 19:12:50 EDT 2011

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 9:03 AM, Devin Jeanpierre
<jeanpierreda at gmail.com> wrote:
> But anyway, no, we don't agree on what it means to be friendly or what
> a hostile atmosphere is. I've noticed that people tend to be a lot
> harsher here than what I'm used to, so perhaps your attitude to it is
> more common on mailing-lists and I should just adapt.

I'm told that there are other mailing lists / newsgroups that are far,
FAR more hostile than this. Haven't explored though, as I don't feel
like torturing myself :)

As to the original offensiveness, though: I'm a fundamentalist
Christian (not Catholic though), and I water-off-a-duck's-backed the
insult. If it's true, it's allowed to be offensive; if it's not true,
I can distance myself from it. (In this case, the latter; the inner
issues of the Catholic church are unconnected to the core of
Christianity.)

Chris Angelico