[OT] Off-Topic Posts and Threads on the Python Mailing List

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 22:48:17 EDT 2011

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 12:38 PM, Steven D'Aprano
> Westley Martínez wrote:
>
>> On this mailing list, we're programmers, nothing else,
>
> Speak for yourself.

I don't think he meant that the populace here is exclusively
programmers, but that *on this list* we are here because we're
programmers. We may happen to have coincidental interest in (say)
music, but just because some group of us (or even all of us) all enjoy
music does not mean that it'd be on-topic to have a discussion of the
tetrachord of Mercury.

ChrisA