Django or web2py

Vineet vineet.deodhar at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 00:52:26 EDT 2011

On Sep 9, 3:29 am, Paul Watson <paul.hermeneu... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have read some of the talk around these two frameworks.
>
> Would you say that web2py is more geared toward the enterprise?
>
> Which one do you believe will be on Python 3 more quickly?

Both Django & web2py are good frameworks.
I have tried both of them + others & then chosen a hybrid of web2py +
DABO bizobj for my work.
(DABO is a desktop app framework; so I have chosen only the BizObj
layer from it, which can do its job in any other python web or desktop
framework).

Typically, my apps are data-centric business apps.
web2py wins in simplycity yet powerfullness, no install, no
dependencies, good docs & community, low learning curve, etc.

DABO BizObj excels in managing the business logic aspect (including
managing multiple tables insert/update/delete, rollback, before
insert, after save, ... the list is quite long)

http://web2py.com
www.web2pyclices.com
http://thewinecellarbook.com/daboDocTestAlt/dabo.lib.datanav.Bizobj.Bizobj.html
http://dabodev.com/

Also, there are threads in stackoverflow.com which discuss in-depth
the +1 & -1 for these frameworks.
Contributors to these threads include the lead developers including
Massimo himself.

Hope this helps.

---Vineet