Python Mixins

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 17:44:03 EDT 2011

On Sep 22, 4:14 pm, Matt <mattj.morri... at gmail.com> wrote:

> (although having only a single parent doesn't
> make much sense either, I believe there are very few actual documented
> cases of that happening).

There is nothing wrong with an object having only one parent. Most
times the reasons are for maintainability. I might have a TextEditor
that exposes all the generic functionality that are ubiquitous to text
editors and then a FancyTextEditor(TextEditor) that exposes
functionality that is unique to a confined set of text editing uses. A
silly example, but proves the point. Do not judge an object by the
number of prodigy.