Benefit and belief

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 23:05:26 EDT 2011

On Sep 30, 9:37 am, MRAB <pyt... at mrabarnett.plus.com> wrote:
> rantingrick:
> """Since, like the bible the zen is self contradicting, any argument
> utilizing
> the zen can be defeated utilizing the zen."""
>
> alex23:
> """And like the Bible, the Zen was created by humans as a joke. If you're
> taking it too seriously, that's your problem."""

Strangely, calling the bible self-contradictory wasn't seen as
inflammatory...

Seeing the quotes again, I'm pretty sure I was intending to be
flippant _in reference to rantrantrantrick's comment_. Given that it
was a response to someone else referring to the bible _and_ it made a
point about the zen, I'm not entirely sure why my comment was OT.

Again, if you want to disagree with my remark, knock yourself out. If
you want to take it as a personal attack, then there's nothing I can
do to stop you. But do realise that it is _you_ who is interpreting it
as such, and then recall the provision your very own Christ stated
about judging the actions of others: within your own belief system
_it's not your right to do so_.

That never seems to reduce the moral outrage though...